How to Protect Your Child Legally and Financially
January 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Join Andrew Cohen, Esq. and Mitch Weisbrot, CLU, ChSNC for an informative seminar that addresses the legal and financial preparations crucial to safeguarding assets and benefits for your child with special needs.
Andrew and Mitch are fathers of children with disabilities. Their personal experience and professional expertise enable them to help other parents navigate the confusing and emotional aspects of estate planning to best serve the interests of each child with special needs throughout his or her lifetime.
Topics of Discussion:
- Government benefits for individuals with disabilities
- How to accumulate and preserve assets without disqualifying eligibility for benefits, including through the use of ABLE Act provisions
- Establishing guardianship
- Estate planning and wills
- Special needs trusts – how they work and why they’re useful
- Strategies for funding trusts
Light refreshments will be served.